All our examinations are carried out by experienced Ophthalmologists. We are a true Medical Eye Centre (one of the last in High Wycombe) and our Doctors have many years of hospital experience.
Our eye examination fee is £23.50 and should be booked in advance.
You can qualify for a free eye examination under the NHS if you are:
- Under 16
- Over 60
- 16 - 18 and in full time education
Or if you or your partner receives:
- Income support
- Income based Jobseekers allowance
- Tax Credit (names on a valid NHS Tax Exemption Certificate)
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Pension Credit guarantee credit
- A valid HC2 certificate
Or for the following medical reasons:
- Diagnosed diabetic (-you may require a special appointment for additional tests)
- Glaucoma sufferer
- Considered to be at risk of Glaucoma by a Hospital Ophthalmologist
- Over 40 and the Parent/Sister/Brother/Child of a person who has or had Glaucoma
- Prescribed complex lenses under the NHS optical voucher scheme
- Registered blind/partially sighted
In our practice now, we can offer our patients an OCT scan.
Patients unable to visit our practice due to various reasons including disability, age or illness can book a domiciliary eye test.
Our Ophthalmologist can visit the patients home, and organise spectacle or other optical appliances as necessary. Many domiciliary eye tests are free but there are government restrictions.